Photo: Asian Center students in May 2016.
In addition to the general requirements, foreign applicants are advised to inquire at the Philippine Embassy or mission in their country of residence and with the University of the Philippines International Student Program for information on visa, study permit and other requirements. The following are other standard requirements:
- For foreign applicants from non-English speaking countries, original or certified true copy of standard language tests showing a minimum score (for TOEFL - 500 or equivalent if using new computer-based test; for IELTS-7.5).
- Alternatively, the university may require the candidate to take associated tests of written (TWE) and spoken (TSE) English. The appropriate scores in these two tests are: TWE-4.5; TSE-55.
- U.P. Admission Letter
- Valid passport
- Photocopy of passport showing the picture, arrival and visa
- I-card and Alien Certificate of Registration
Immigration Requirements and Student Visa
- The University Registrar has published the requirements and procedures for getting a student visa.You may view this PDF, particularly starting from page 6.
Getting a student permit is part of the application process for a student visa. The Office of Student Activities, under the International Students Program, handles the issuance of such permits, the requirements, schedules, and procedures for which may be consulted here. For further queries, you may contact the Office of Student Activities at (632) 981.8672, or visit their website.