Below is the list of requirements for admission to the Asian Center's MA programs:
- Formal letter of application addressed to Dr. Joefe. B. Santarita, Dean of Asian Center, University of the Philippines Diliman.
- Original AND photocopy of transcript of records of undergraduate degree.* View guidelines regarding transcripts
- Curriculum vitae and duly accomplished Personal Data Form**
- Duly accomplished Recommendation Form** from 2 former professors (if non-working); and from 2 former professors and 1 employer (if working), to be submitted in sealed envelopes signed across the flap by the referee.
- Application fee of PhP 100 for Filipino students and US$25 for foreign applicants, to be paid at the UP Cashier
- Two (2) passport-sized photos
- Original AND photocopy of NSO Birth Certificate*
- NSO Marriage Certificate (for married female applicants)*
- Aptitude examination
- Aptitude examination fee of PhP 150 to be paid at the UP Cashier (OCG Trust Acct. No. 9773900-499-450)
- Two essays (to be written in-house), one autobiographical and one on substantive issues pertaining to studies of the Philippines/Asia.
- Interview by the Asian Center Admissions Committee
- Certificate of Transfer Credentials (for Non-UP Diliman applicants)
- Research plan (Download)
*Both original and photocopy will be submitted to the Asian Center.
Additional Requirements for Foreign Applicants
- View the list of additional procedures for foreign applicants, especially pertaining to the acquisition of student visa and compliance with immigration requirements.
**Application Forms (MS Word files)
- Submit all requirements to the Office of the College Secretary on or before the deadline.
- Applicants who pass preliminary screening will take an aptitude examination (to be scheduled by the Office of the College Secretary). These include the two essays to be written in-house.
- Successful examinees will be interviewed by the Asian Center Admissions Committee.
- Accepted applicants await further instructions from the Office of the College Secretary in processing their application.
Deadline of application and other information
- View Application Deadlines
View MA Programs: Asian Studies
- View MA Programs: Philippine Studies
- View Ph.D. Philippine Studies
Page last updated: 18 January 2018