Ph.D. in Philippine Studies, University of the Philippines Diliman
Resistance literature • Marxist/postcolonial studies • Testimonial writings
- B.A. Education, Pamantasang Lungsod ng Maynila, 1999
- M.A. Education, University of the Philippines, Diliman, 2007
- Ph.D. Philippine Studies, University of the Philippines, Diliman, 2015
- Resistance literature
- Marxist studies
- Critical pedagogy
- Testimonial writings
- Postcolonial theories
- PS 202 Theories & Perspectives in Philippine Studies.
- PS 212 Filipino Identities
- PS 219 Seminar: Philippine Society & Culture
- AS 255.3 Culture & Society in Southeast Asia
- PS 301 Perspectives in Philippine Studies
2016. Kontra-diskurso: Testimonial narratives of Filipino workers (1986-2012). PhD Dissertation.
2013. Kontra-Diskurso: Testimonial Narratives of Filipino Workers in a Foreign Company. Humanities Diliman 10 (1).
2013. Narrativizing marginality and hope: Testimonial narratives of students in a night school. The Scholastican Journal 3.
2012. Voicing resistance: Testimonial narratives of the families and friends of the disappeared. Philippine Humanities Review 14 (1).
2012. Education and resistance: Testimonies for critical pedagogy and literacy. The Scholastican Journal, 115-136.
2011. Speaking of the subaltern: Subjectivities and resistance in the testimonial narratives of workers. Diliman Review 58(1-4).
2011. The Manila teachers’ movement: History, challenges, prospects. Selected papers of the 20th Annual Manila Studies Conference July 28-29, 2011.
2012. Transgressive bridging: Critical pedagogies and Philippine Studies. Dalumat e-journal 3(1-2).
2013. Continuing dissent: Reflecting on my paper on the disappeared. Insights, St. Scholastica’s College Manila, 14.
2013. On research, narratives, marginality, and hope. Insights, St. Scholastica’s College Manila. 15.
2013. Pedagohiya, testimonio, at ang karanasan ng mga guro. Insights, St. Scholasticas College Manila. 16.