Screenshot of Dr. Baviera's interview with Newsbreak.
In an interview with Newsbreak conducted by Rappler's editor at large Marites Vitug, Professor Aileen Baviera examines President Rodrigo Duterte's visit to the People's Republic of China from 18 to 21 October 2016.
Dr. Aileen SP. Baviera is Professor at the Asian Center, University of the Philippines Diliman. She specializes on and writes about contemporary China studies, China-Southeast Asia relations, Asia-Pacific security, territorial and maritime disputes, and regional integration. The editor in chief of the journal, "Asian Politics & Policy," she is the author of many academic publications and completed her Ph.D. in Political Science at the University of the Philippines Diliman. VIEW FULL PROFILE.
Visit the Facebook Page of Newsbreak. The following related resources at the Asian Center website may also be of interest:
- Read Summary: “The Domestic Mediations of China’s Influence in the Philippines” | A Book Chapter by Professor Baviera
- Download FREE: Powerpoint Presentations from PH-China Relations Symposium @ UP Asian Center
- “The Philippines and the South China Sea Dispute: Security Interests and Perspectives” by Dr. Aileen Baviera
- The West Philippine Sea: The Territorial and Maritime Jurisdiction Disputes from a Filipino Perspective
- Read: "Arbitration Over, Time for China to Lead Responsibly" A Commentary by Professor Aileen Baviera
The UP Asian Center offers M.A. programs in Asian Studies with four fields of specialization: Northeast Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, and West Asia. The Center also has an M.A. program in Philippine Studies that allows students to major in Philippine society and culture, Philippine foreign relations, or Philippine development studies. The Center offers a Ph.D. program in Philippine Studies in conjunction with the College of Arts and Letters and the College of Social Sciences and Philosophy. Get an overview of these programs. The Asian Center also houses a peer-reviewed, open-access journal, Asian Studies: Journal of Critical Perspectives on Asia. It has published several books and monographs, and hosts or organizes various lectures and conferences.