The Asian Center, University of the Philippines Diliman is looking for one (1) full-time non-UP contractual bookkeeper/admin assistant for a two-year project titled “Bugkos: Putting Equitable Development at the Center of the Asian Century” funded by the Emerging Interdisciplinary Research Grant of the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Assist in setting up the project’s financial systems, including records management
- Provide monthly expenditures report
- Conduct year-end financial report
- Logistical support for events organizing
- Perform other administrative tasks that may be assigned by the program leader or by the operations manager
- Knowledge of record keeping
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Preferably with experience working at the University of the Philippines Diliman
- Curriculum Vitae
- A letter of application addressed to the program leader, Antoinette Raquiza, Ph.D.
For additional inquiries, please call Sascha Gallardo at 981.8500 local 3586. Deadline of application: 5 October 2016 or until the position is filled.
The UP Asian Center offers M.A. programs in Asian Studies with four fields of specialization: Northeast Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, and West Asia. The Center also has an M.A. program in Philippine Studies that allows students to major in Philippine society and culture, Philippine foreign relations, or Philippine development studies. The Center offers a Ph.D. program in Philippine Studies in conjunction with the College of Arts and Letters and the College of Social Sciences and Philosophy. Get an overview of these programs. The Asian Center also houses a peer-reviewed, open-access journal, Asian Studies: Journal of Critical Perspectives on Asia. It has published several books and monographs, and hosts or organizes various lectures and conferences.