For easier navigation, applicants to the PhD program are advised to visit and browse within the page containing all relevant information.
Requirements: PhD Program in Philippine Studies
- MA or MS degree from a recognized institution of learning
- Grade weighted average of 1.75 or better
- Letter of application for admission addressed to the Chair, Philippine Studies Council, UP Diliman. At present, the Chair is Joefe B. Santarita, PhD.
- Original AND Photocopy of transcript of records (TOR) of undergraduate and graduate studies*
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from former professors or experts from the applicant's discipline(s) /areas(s) of study**
- Duly accomplished Personal Data Form**
- A two-page description of the proposed dissertation with a multi-disciplinal orientation to be presented orally before the Admissions Committee
- Application fee of PhP 100 for Filipino Students and US$ 25 for foreign applicants, to be paid at the UP Cashier
- Two (2) passport-sized photos
- Original and photocopy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Original and photocopy of NSO Marriage Certificate (for married female applicants)*
- For foreign students, please consult other requirements in the "Foreign Applicants" tab on the left.
* Both original and photocopy will be submitted to the Office of the Head, Secretariat, Tri-College Ph.D. Philippine Studies Program, Room 203, Hall of Wisdom, Asian Center, University of the Philippines Diliman.
For easier browsing, click "Admissions" on the main menu above.