CAPACITY and DIMENSIONS
The auditorium can accommodate up to 460 people. It also has a pantry, stage, small dressing rooms each for male and female, and bathrooms. Floor area, excluding the stage and others, is 23 meters x 15 meters. View Floor Plan.
- First Three Hours: PhP 27,500
- Succeeding Hours or a Fraction Thereof: PhP 5,300 per hour
- Set-up charge/egress charge: PhP 1,500 per hour (without aircon)
Excluding ingress and egress, a whole day event (8 am to 5 pm) in the auditorium costs PhP 59,300. A half-day (four-hour event) will cost PhP 32,800, excluding ingress and egress. But please note that an extra hour will be included in your bill if you turn on the airconditioning before the official start of program (say, for guests who arrive early).
Rental of the auditorium includes only:
- Technical assistance (only for the Asian Center's own speakers/lights/microphones)
- Airconditioning, basic house lights, chairs
- Three wooden medium-length tables, LCD projector, and basic sound system (speakers and microphones).
- Size of LCD screen:13 feet by 18 feet
Any other equipment/material must be brought in by the organizer. Sound system and lights brought in thus must use their own power generator. Before paying the reservation fee, please seek the consent of the Rental office regarding the equipment you'll bring, especially if it concerns major logistical arrangements and/or large, specialized equipment.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS/ FAQs
Allowed Use of Auditorium
The auditorium can be rented for corporate events, academic conferences, trade and cultural shows. It cannot be used for weddings, birthdays, debuts, and the like. For other events, please indicate so in the Inquiry Form
The UP Asian Center does not have in-house catering. Snacks/lunch can be served in the hallway outside the auditorium.
The auditorium can be rented Tuesdays to Saturdays only. Bookings are not accepted on regular holidays (November 30, December 30, Holy Week, etc.).
A non-refundable fee of PhP 3,000.00 shall be charged upon reservation which shall be deducted from the total amount due. Full payment of rental charges must be made two (2) weeks before the event.
Only one (1) authorized representative of the Organizer shall transact with the UP Asian Center.
The facility must be kept clean at all times during and immediately after the activity. After the event, the organizer must clean up trash, remove posters and signs, and clear the stage of any props and other materials used.
Foods and drinks are prohibited inside the auditorium. Eating and drinking will only be allowed inside the pantry and in the auditorium lobby. Smoking and consuming alcoholic drinks are not permitted anywhere within the University.
Any damage on the facilities e.g. flooring, stage, walls, comfort rooms and others will be charged to the organizer.
Selling of any merchandise and goods are strictly prohibited. Booths will be allowed only upon proper coordination by the organizer to the UP Asian Center
All props, tarpaulins, backdrops and other decorative materials must be ready for installation. Hanging of decors using nails and tapes which can cause holes, dents and stains on the walls is strictly prohibited.
Organizer will be charged for water and electricity consumption during set-up and rehearsals. Sound system and lights brought in by the organizer must use their own power generator. The UP Asian Center has the right to control the loudness of the sound system brought in by the organizer.
Overtime pay for the technician & custodial workers who will render service beyond office hours shall be provided by the organizer. Regular Office hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The UP Asian Center and the University will not be liable for any injury, damage or loss which may result from or at the occasion of the activity of the organizer.
- The UP Asian Center has the right to stop the function should the organizer fail to comply with the above terms and conditions.
• Please do not pay the reservation form without reading/accepting the terms and conditions, rules and regulations above.
• Please seek the consent of the Rental Office regarding (expected) major logistical arrangements (set-up, equipment you'll bring, etc.) and other concerns before paying the reservation fee.
2. The Reservation Form will be subject for approval.
3. If/when the reservation has been approved, please go to Room 105, Hall of Wisdom, GT-Toyota Asian Cultural Center to
(a) get the payment slip and then
(b) pay the nonrefundable reservation fee of PhP 3,000 at the UP Diliman Cashier's Office. View Vicinity Map
5. As proof of payment, please give the hard copy of the photocopy of the Official Receipt to JR Sanchez at Room 105, Hall of Wisdom, UP Asian Center.
6. Ensure that full payment is made two weeks before the event.
VIEW VICINITY MAP
Please note that vehicles entering the GT-Toyota Asian Cultural Center grounds can only do so via the gate on Magsaysay Avenue that is near a UP guardhouse and a few meters away from Katipunan Avenue. A small gate for pedestrians on Guerrero St., which lies across the College of Law parking lot and a few meters away from a waiting shed, where the Ikot jeepney, and jeepneys from Philcoa and SM North pass by. View an entire map of the UP Diliman campus.
VIEW STREET VIEW (GOOGLE)
OTHER FACILITIES FOR RENT
The Seminar Room is ideal for small workshops, meetings, and forums. It can accommodate 50 to 60 chairs, all of which will fill most of the space. In a roundtable set-up, the room can host between 20 to 30 individuals, behind whom can sit observers and other participants.