The UP Asian Center is looking for one, non-UP contractual Junior Museum Specialist who will be tasked to manage the Asian Center museum's collection until 30 June 2020. The contract may be renewed. Deadline of application is 15 February 2020. Deadline extended to 23 February 2020.
- To assist in the coordination and preparation of Asian Center Museum's exhibits and other Asian Center events
- To assist in the management of the Asian Center Museum's cultural programs, including promotion, marketing, etc.
- To take charge of safekeeping, care, and administration of over 1,400 artifacts (digitization and yearly inventory of museum artifacts)
- To assist the Assistant to the Dean for Administration and Public Affairs in preparing proposals, developing linkages, and coordinating with various institutions (UP-based, private, or government agencies) in the transfer and care of the Asian Center Museum's artifacts and murals.
- To perform other related tasks as may be assigned by the Dean.
- At least BA/BS degree (preferably in Art Studies, Anthropology, Philippine Studies and related disciplines)
- Knowledgeable in basic MS Office applications
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge in handling artifacts
- Experience working in a museum/gallery is preferred
- Online application form
- CV and Letter of Application (One File as PDF)
1. Please fill out the online application form.
The Asian Center offers M.A. degrees in Asian Studies with four fields of specialization: Northeast Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, and West Asia. The Center also has an M.A. program in Philippine Studies that allows students to major in Philippine society and culture, Philippine foreign relations, or Philippine development studies. The Center offers a Ph.D. program in Philippine Studies in conjunction with the College of Arts and Letters and the College of Social Sciences and Philosophy. For an overview of these graduate programs, click here. The Asian Center also publishes Asian Studies: Journal of Critical Perspectives on Asia, the latest issue of which can be downloaded at the journal's website. For other news and upcoming events at the Asian Center, click here.
Beyond ASEAN: Global and Local Impacts of Balancing Domestic and Foreign Policy Priorities | A Zoom Forum (13 Jan 2021)
The UP Asian Center will hold a virtual research conference, “Beyond ASEAN: Global and Local Impacts of Balancing Domestic and Foreign Policy Priorities,” on 13 January 2021, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm, Philippine time via Zoom.
Toyota in the Philippines: 30 Years and Beyond in Nation-Building | Lecture and Book Launch (17 Dec 2020)
The UP Asian Center will be holding “Toyota in the Philippines: 30 Years and Beyond in Nation-Building | Lecture and Book Launch” on 17 December 2020, 2-4 pm (Philippine time) via Zoom.
Bap Meogeureo Gaja! Tara, Kain Tayo! : A Korean and Filipino (Fusion) Cuisine Demonstration (2 Dec 2020)
The UP Asian Center will be holding the "Bap Meogeureo Gaja! Tara, Kain Tayo! : A Korean and Filipino (Fusion) Cuisine Demonstration" on 2 December 2020, 10 am - 12 nn, Philippine time, via Zoom. The event is free and open to the public.
The UP Asian Center will hold a webinar, “Recent Developments in Inter-Korea Relations,” on 2 December 2020, 2 pm, Philippine time, via Zoom. The event is free and open to the public, but interested participants are required to register using an authenticated Zoom account.