Ph.D. in Political Science and International Relations, Yonsei University
Korean Studies • Filipino migration to Korea • Environmental politics • Korea and Southeast Asia
- B.A. History, University of the Philippines in the Visayas, 1999
- M.A. Asian Studies (Korea Studies), University of the Philippines, Diliman, 2007
- M.A. Korean Studies, Yonsei University, Seoul, 2012
- Ph.D. Political Science and International Relations, Yonsei University, Seoul, 2016
- Korean studies
- Filipino migration to Korea
- environmental politics
- Korea and Southeast Asia
- AS 237.1 Social and Economic Development in Korea
- AS 237.2 Politics and Governance in Korea
- AS 237.3 Culture and Society in Korea
Forthcoming. "Toyota in the Philippines: Towards Harmony with Nature." In Toyota in the Philippines: 30 Years and Beyond in Nation-Building, edited by Joefe B. Santarita, 169–186. Quezon City: Toyota Philippines and Asian Center, University of the Philippines Diliman.
2018. "The Evolution of Korean Studies in the Philippines." International Journal of Korean Studies 12 (1): 37–59.
2012. “Finding ‘Refuge’ and ‘Home’ in Religion: The Case of Unificationist and Roman Catholic Filipina Marriage Migrants in Korea." Localities 2 (2): 235–92.
2011. “Comparing South Korea and Germany’s Official Development Assistance Projects in Climate Protection in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam.” International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management 8 (5). Bessey, Donata and Michelle Palumbarit.
QUICK LINKS: ASIAN CENTER FACULTY