Ph.D. in Political Science, City University of New York Graduate Center
Political economy of late development • Southeast Asian Studies • comparative political institutions • globalization and IPE • identity politics and conflict studies
- Ph.D. in Political Science, City University of New York Graduate Center
- M.A. in Political Science, City University of New York Graduate Center
- B.A. in Journalism, University of the Philippines Diliman
- Political economy of late development
- Governance and development policies
- Comparative political institutions
- Globalization and international political economy
- Identity politics and conflict studies
- AS 255 Politics and Governance of Southeast Asia
- AS 253 Readings on Southeast Asia
- AS 203 Nationalism and National Development
- AS 201 Modern Asia
2017. "Philippine Services Sector: Domestic Policy and Global Markets." In Southeast Asia Beyond Crises and Traps: Economic Growth and Upgrading, edited by Boo Teik Khoo, Keiici Tsunekawa, and Motoko Kawano, 225–249. Palgrave Macmillan.
2015. "The BPO Industry and the Philippine Trade in Services: Boon or Bane?" In The Local Impact of Globalization in South and Southeast Asia, edited by Bart Lambregts, Niels Beerepoot, and Robert C. Kloosterman, 46–59. Routledge. Read a brief excerpt.
2014. "Changing configuration of Philippine capitalism." Philippine Political Science Journal 35 (2): 225–50.
Essays and Commentaries
2016. ASEAN and the Belt and Road Policy Initiative: Prospects and Challenges. Asia Pacific Pathways to Progress, 1 March. Read excerpt.
2016. The Silk Belt Road, 21st Century Maritime Silk Road and Regional Connectivity [interview]. Asia Pacific Pathways to Progress, 22 February.
2010. "Colombia's Land Conflict from a Peace and Development Framework." Conciliation Resources, August 31.
QUICK LINKS: ASIAN CENTER FACULTY